New mothers deserve the best, after carrying a baby for 9 months and giving birth, each new mom is excited, exhausted and in love all at once. What is the best gift for a new Mom? Stylish Gift Décor has a few ideas that we think all new moms will love.
1. Let’s start with the hospital stay. It’s never fun, but you can create a DIY hospital survival kit that every new mom will love. Put together a basket that includes:
Don’t forget to include her favorite shades of lipstick, cheek blush and eyeshadow– it will help her feel her best with everyone around wanting to take a photo of mom and baby.
Personalized totes are always a thoughtful gift that is sure to be appreciated.
2. Being a new mom makes everything hurt, so what better gift than a day at the local spa or a visit to the massage therapist (or both)? A facial and a postpartum massage will go a long way in relieving the aches and pains that accompany being a new mother, and promote well-being and relaxation. With your day-at-the-spa gift you could also include a home-made basket filled with some spa-at-home products such as:
3. Jewelry (or jewelry boxes for the mom who has it all) is always a perfect gift for any woman. Women love receiving jewelry, always have and always will. Every piece of jewelry a woman owns is tied up to a special and loving memory. Choose your piece to suit her taste and style. A bestseller at Stylish Gift Decor is the Precious Photos Charm Bracelet - it allows the new mom in your life to keep photos of her baby and loved ones. You could also choose a set from our stunning and colorful cubic zirconia and hand-made jewelry collection.
4. A clean house is a thing of the past after giving birth, so hiring a cleaning crew to come in and give the house a deep cleaning can be a gift that mom will treasure. She’ll enjoy spending time bonding with her baby instead of cleaning the bathroom.
5. A home-made gift basket for baby filled with baby essentials will be much loved and appreciated. Check out some gift baskets online for inspiration. You could prepare a gift basket for mom filled with everything for the new baby or lotions, creams and body scrubs that can make Mom feel normal again and help her post-baby skin return to normal.
6. Getting enough sleep is tough for new mothers. We recommend a quality sleep mask to help filter out light, plus it will make any new mom feel glamorous as she takes an exhaustive and much needed nap.
7. Adding stress relieving scents to the home with aromatherapy can certainly keep mom and baby calm and de-stressed. Choose a favorite scent as a gift. It is a good idea to include a CD of relaxing music for her, and a CD of lullabies for baby. Calming, relaxing music will help soothe and relax babies at bedtime.
8. An offer to babysit while the new mom and dad have dinner together is a wonderful gift that costs nothing. Better yet, cook dinner for them and take the baby for a few hours so they can have some much needed couple time.
9. A mother’s helper or doula can help care for the family by washing dishes, doing laundry, and preparing meals. Hiring one for a few days, or a few hours will certainly help the new mother feel pampered. Ask your friends and family for a good reference.
10. And finally for a brand new mom, a subscription to a parenting magazine or the latest parenting Q & A book will be the gift that keeps on giving. Parenting magazines will help new parents through every phase of parenthood with useful tips, tested parenthood techniques, and a wealth ideas on how to spend quality time with your family.
Readers: We love to hear from you! Share your ideas below.